Subject: bug#62749: 28.2; Emacs keeps opening related file from vc-diff buffer

From: Oleksandr Gavenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 15:11:24 +0300

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-cygwin)
 of 2022-09-16 built on fv-az140-985
Repository revision: 70134aa8264ded36d80248204b2ba43ae3d8f599

Whenever I open vc-diff buffer by "d" (log-view-diff) to read repository
history from "C-x v L" (vc-print-root-log) Emacs opens all files referenced by
diff.

The diff might be very big so:

* I end with lots of opened files that I need eventually close.
* Emacs pollutes recentf history - I don't want robotically opened file mixed
  with human opened files.
* Cygwin is slow (especially under antivirus supervision) file opening delays
  Emacs for many seconds.

Initially I asked for help in Emacs 27.1:

  https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/61760/lags-when-navigating-vc-root-diff-buffer/

and found workaround with:

  (setq diff-font-lock-syntax nil)

But with Emacs v28.2 it doesn't work, I asked for help once more:

  https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/76728/modern-emacs-keeps-opening-related-file-from-vc-diff-buffer

-- 
http://defun.work/