Subject: Re: bug#62732: 29.0.60; uniquify-trailing-separator-p affects any buffer whose name matches a dir in CWD

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 15:56:38 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 01:36:00 +0000 (UTC)
> 
> Great!  Here's that as a complete patch again.

> --- a/lisp/dired.el
> +++ b/lisp/dired.el
> @@ -1306,7 +1306,7 @@ dired-internal-noselect
>  	 ;; Note that buffer already is in dired-mode, if found.
>  	 (new-buffer-p (null buffer)))
>      (or buffer
> -        (setq buffer (create-file-buffer (directory-file-name dirname))))
> +        (setq buffer (create-file-buffer dirname)))

This seems to imply that callers of create-file-buffer will now have
to remember to ensure the argument ends in a slash if it is the name
of a directory.  If so, I'd prefer that create-file-buffer did that
internally, when its argument is a directory.  Callers shouldn't know
to much about the internals of the callee.

Does this changeset have any user-facing behavior changes?  If so,
they should be at least in NEWS.