Subject: Re: bug#62732: 29.0.60; uniquify-trailing-separator-p affects any buffer whose name matches a dir in CWD

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 22:19:37 +0300

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 18:54:58 +0000 (UTC)
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, Lars Ingebrigtsen
> 	<[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> 
> Ping again on this latest version of my patch.  I have some actual
> features I'd like to add to uniquify, but they're on top of this patch.
> Plus it would be nice to land the tests added in my patch.
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> > Stefan, Lars: any comments?

I still want to hear someone else's opinion, because the changeset
looks waaay larger and more complex than can be justified by the tiny
problem in rare corner situations that triggered it.  If no one else
is interested enough to voice any opinion, I tend to "wontfix" it,
TBH.