Subject: bug#62728: closed (Re: bug#62728: [PATCH 0/2] Update and fix the build of openmw-openscenegraph.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 21:29:02 +0000

Your bug report

#62728: [PATCH] gnu: openmw-openscenegraph: Update to Nov 2022 commit

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62728: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62728
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#62728: [PATCH 0/2] Update and fix the build of openmw-openscenegraph.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Kaelyn Takata <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 23:28:08 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Kaelyn Takata <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/graphics.scm (openmw-openscenegraph): Update to Nov 2022 commit.
> [arguments]: Sync the plugin flags with the mentioned wiki page.

Finally applied, thanks!

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Update and fix the build of openmw-openscenegraph.
From: Kaelyn Takata <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Kaelyn Takata <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2023 19:22:18 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I decided to try out OpenMW after recently learning how far along the project
is. To my joy, the latest version was already packaged. To my dismay the
version of openscenegraph it depended on no longer built (I believe commit
98b9f3a4bdwhich added a separate output for plugins was what broke the child
package, as the error was with the mkdir in the new phase).

I have fixed the build by removing the new output and phase from
openmw-openscenegraph. I have also updated the package to the latest commit
from https://github.com/OpenMW/osg. Two points to note about the changes:

  1) Simply updating the package to the (much) newer commit fixes the build in
  the presence of the separate plugin output, but I kept the plugins in the
  main output since they are needed by OpenMW and I worry that the separate
  output will cause problems with OpenMW being able to find them.

  2) The existing openmw-openscenegraph package appears to be at a commit from
  2018 that does not seem to be a commit in https://github.com/OpenMW/osg.
  https://github.com/OpenMW/osg/commit/36a962845a2c87a6671fd822157e0729d164e940
  has a banner saying the commit does not belong to any branch and may belong
  to a fork outside of the repository. In a local checkout of the repository,
  `git log 36a962845a2c87a6671fd822157e0729d164e940` says the hash is not a
  valid object.

Also, feel free to adjust the commit messages as necessary. I wasn't certain
on the appropriate format or wording for either of the commits' messages.

Cheers,
Kaelyn

Kaelyn Takata (2):
  gnu: openmw-openscenegraph: Fix build.
  gnu: openmw-openscenegraph: Update to Nov 2022 commit.

 gnu/packages/graphics.scm | 18 +++++++++++-------
 1 file changed, 11 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

base-commit: b08cdfc6d363e9ca63118303b4628542c54a612d
--
2.39.2