Subject: bug#62720: 29.0.60; Not easy at all to upgrade :core packages like Eglot

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:56:04 +0100

On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 2:39 PM Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The reasons for me to be less hopeful:
>
> - We seem to be unable to come to any agreement here. :-D
>
> Joao's approval for the above list would go a long way.

First of all, thank you Dmitry for making such an extensive
and detailed summary of the simualtion.  It's really
impressive.

What you say about a fixed package-update obviating the need
for eglot-update is totally true.  In fact I proposed a fixed
package-update much much earlier in this thread.  If you
manage to do that, then I'm more than happy to remove
eglot-update.

What more approval do you want? :-) I mean, I've resigned
myself to a bad situation already (but if you can make
package-install DTRT, I'm of course even happier).  So
package-update or eglot-update -- anything that I can put
on the README .

João