Subject: bug#62720: 29.0.60; Not easy at all to upgrade :core packages like Eglot

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 14:47:10 +0300

> From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 12:35:23 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
> 	[email-masked]
> 
> > > Can we put this tiny patch on master then?
> >
> > Yes, if Philip and Stefan don't object.  But, since there will be a
> > command for updating core packages, doesn't this go against your
> > desire not to change the UX?
> 
> IMO The user experience is bad/broken.

We don't yet have the other command, let alone any user feedback.  So
I don't think you can know this is bad/broken yet.  You may think so,
but I happen to think differently, so let's not behave as if this is a
fact already.

> So at least I want to change it, if minimally.  That's what any bug
> report is about, to change UX for the better.  Here, to let people
> not to have to go through odd hoops big or small to install packages
> or know if something is built-in/core or not.

Using a specialized command for a special job is nowhere near jumping
through hoops.