Subject: bug#62712: closed (Re: bug#62712: [PATCH 0/2] Disable keyword expansion for Subversion downloads)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 21:22:01 +0000

Your bug report

#62712: [PATCH 0/2] Disable keyword expansion for Subversion downloads

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62712: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62712
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#62712: [PATCH 0/2] Disable keyword expansion for Subversion downloads
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>, Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 23:21:29 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This was merged last week (see commit
e6da6e3152b01b36d925d8670f1b8c3e1a39ef4b).

Closing!

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Disable keyword expansion for Subversion downloads
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 16:05:51 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix!

As discussed in <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/43442>, SVN keyword
expansion during checkout is problematic because it depends on local
timezone.  This in itself isn't really a problem in Guix because
the timezone in the environment of fixed-output derivations is
always UTC.  However, SWH disables keyword expansion (for this
reason), and thus it makes sense to follow suit.

Disabling keyword expansion entails many rebuilds.  However, these
are "safe", so I'd like to have them on a branch (or simply handled
by qa.guix) that we'd merge as soon as it's built.

The second patch makes ‘recursive?’ default to #f, which AFAICS
is what all the SVN-using packages that were not explicit expected
(no changes required).

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (2):
  svn-download: Disable keyword expansion.
  svn-download: Default to non-recursive checkouts.

 gnu/packages/java.scm             |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/machine-learning.scm |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/tex.scm              | 16 ++++++++--------
 gnu/packages/video.scm            |  4 ++--
 guix/build/svn.scm                |  9 ++++++++-
 guix/svn-download.scm             |  6 +++---
 6 files changed, 23 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

base-commit: 47fe66586e0fbc177288ec91cc88ea0b081505b0
-- 
2.39.2