Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Disable keyword expansion for Subversion downloads

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 16:05:51 +0200

Hello Guix!

As discussed in <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/43442>, SVN keyword
expansion during checkout is problematic because it depends on local
timezone.  This in itself isn't really a problem in Guix because
the timezone in the environment of fixed-output derivations is
always UTC.  However, SWH disables keyword expansion (for this
reason), and thus it makes sense to follow suit.

Disabling keyword expansion entails many rebuilds.  However, these
are "safe", so I'd like to have them on a branch (or simply handled
by qa.guix) that we'd merge as soon as it's built.

The second patch makes ‘recursive?’ default to #f, which AFAICS
is what all the SVN-using packages that were not explicit expected
(no changes required).

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (2):
  svn-download: Disable keyword expansion.
  svn-download: Default to non-recursive checkouts.

 gnu/packages/java.scm             |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/machine-learning.scm |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/tex.scm              | 16 ++++++++--------
 gnu/packages/video.scm            |  4 ++--
 guix/build/svn.scm                |  9 ++++++++-
 guix/svn-download.scm             |  6 +++---
 6 files changed, 23 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

base-commit: 47fe66586e0fbc177288ec91cc88ea0b081505b0
-- 
2.39.2