Subject: Re: bug#62699: [PATCH] services: add pam-mount-volume-service-type

From: Brian Cully <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 10:14:59 -0400

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Nitpick: for new files like ‘pam-mount.scm’ in this case, it’s 
> enough to
> write “New file” (relief :-)).

Fixed.

> Please add @* on the previous line to insert a line break.

Fixed. FWIW, I tried looking through the manual (both Guix' and 
TexInfo's) to see what this sigil meant, I couldn't figure it out, 
so I just guessed. Is this documented somewhere?

> Use the term “pair” rather than “cons cell” (throughout the 
> section),
> for consistency with the rest of the manual and to make it more
> approachable.

Fixed.

> How hard would it be to also have a system tests under (gnu 
> tests …)?
> Seems like it would better cover functionality.

I'm not sure. I've never done integration tests on an entire 
operating system before, so it'd take some doing just to learn the 
ropes. I'll go through the existing tests and see what I can come 
up with.

Would it be okay to do that as a separate patch, though? Given how 
long I expect this work to take, I would like to avoid that extra 
delay in having the current patch set (plus the above changes) 
committed.

-bjc