Subject: 30.0.50; comint-clear-buffer should have a (move-end-of-line nil) at the end

From: Felix <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2023 20:26:14 +0200

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 20, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.37, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-04-05 built on
 felix-lifebooka531
Repository revision: 8678708ad10b17a4609c950a02cf39ab9ff86317
Repository branch: makepkg
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12301001
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
 --enable-autodepend --enable-link-time-optimization
 --with-native-compilation=yes --with-xinput2 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no --with-xwidgets --with-tree-sitter
 --without-gpm --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=native -mtune=generic -O3 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP
X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

If the cursor is in some line at a column position that is lower than
the length of the prompt (e.g. ELISP> in ielm) and comint-clear-buffer
is used, the cursor ends up inside the prompt. This has been tested with
gdb and ielm on emacs 3.0.50 started with 'emacs -Q'

Thanks!