Subject: bug#62679: 29.0.60; Bindings on `image-map` cause error on sliced images

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2023 19:24:18 +0300

> From: Rah Guzar <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2023 17:43:55 +0200
> 
> Hi Eli,
>   I can confirm that the issue is mostly fixed now. One thing I noticed
>   was that it is still possible to trigger the error by starting with my
>   recipe before, moving the point to somewhere on the image and then
>   using right arrow key. Since the image has a single column the point
>   is now off image but on the same line. This buffer position still has
>   the "image-map" and pressing e.g. "i +" still causes the error.

I cannot reproduce this.  On my system, if I move point with the right
arrow key, "M-x describe-text-properties" doesn't show the keymap
property.

>   According to the info manual, the advantage of using sliced images is
>   to get a more intuitive scrolling behavior and that is the reason I am
>   using them. I think for everything else the image should behave as a
>   single image. For that reason the behavior of "i r" seems correct to
>   me. It rotates the image and then slices.

If this is what you see, I guess you have Emacs built with
ImageMagick?  I don't see "rotation followed by slicing", because the
code doesn't do that, at least not with rotation that is implemented
natively in Emacs on my system.  But, as I said, rotation of sliced
image is not well defined, so my opinion is that people should not
depend on it doing something sensible.