Subject: bug#62677: 30.0.50; Need to find a better name for flyspell-prog-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2023 09:39:38 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2023 22:43:01 -0400
> 
>   > flyspell-skip-keywords-mode
>   > flyspell-ignore-keywords-mode
> 
> I don't think that name correctly describes what the function does.
> Its code suggests that it limits spell checking to string constants
> and comments.

??? Where do you see a reference to strings and comments in the two
names I suggested?

> That means, if I understand it right, that keywords
> won't be spell checked, and symbol names also won't be spell checked.

"Symbol" has no meaning for descendants of Text mode which use markup
commands.  It is only meaningful for programming language modes.  And
this feature is not limited to programming languages, that's the
source of the original confusing name to begin with.