Subject: bug#62662: 30.0.50; gnus-treat-fold-headers overrides (hides) display of face, x-face, etc.

From: Adam Sjøgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2023 10:23:58 +0200

Since gnus-treat-fold-headers was set to default to 'head in commit
3bc0768e9b8 the display of Face, X-Face, and other images in the headers
has stopped working.

With gnus-treat-fold-headers default value, 'head, no images:

setting it to nil, the images appear as expected:

Bisect trace on the Gnus user mailing list:

 · https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnus-english/2023-04/threads.html

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.37, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-04-03 built on tullinup
Repository revision: 1f100def91292dae6f8a97bae2bcd1f3a4cb101e
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --with-tree-sitter --with-xinput2 --without-pgtk
 --with-native-compilation=aot'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  age-encryption-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  dumb-jump-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  jabber-activity-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/let-alist/let-alist hides ~/elisp/extra/let-alist
/home/asjo/elisp/boxquote.el/boxquote hides ~/elisp/extra/boxquote
~/elisp/let-alist/let-alist hides /usr/src/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow bbdb-message emacsbug tabify find-func flow-fill mule-util
shr-color bbdb-gnus-aux compface executable rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct
nxml-mode-expansions rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok jka-compr mm-archive
url-http url-gw url-auth gnus-gravatar gravatar sort smiley gnus-cite
textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check gnus-bcklg gnus-async gnus-dup gnus-ml disp-table
gnus-topic qp utf-7 imap rfc2104 face-remap epa-file network-stream nsm
nnml bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua nnnil gnus-demon gnus-delay gnus-draft
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache
nndraft nnmh mail-extr spam spam-stat bbdb-com gnus-uu yenc gnus-msg
gnus-html url-queue help-fns radix-tree url-cache mm-url bbdb-picture
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-fun hashcash
gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range flymake-proc
flymake time age pixel-scroll cua-base litable magithub magithub-ci
magithub-issue magithub-cache magithub-core magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-popup magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
diff git-commit log-edit message sendmail yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor magit-mode magit-git magit-section benchmark
magit-utils vc-git diff-mode ido crm markdown-mode color noutline
outline rg pcase rg-info-hack rg-menu transient rg-ibuffer ibuf-macs
rg-result wgrep-rg rg-history rg-header ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs cus-edit pp cus-load wgrep grep compile
text-property-search dumb-jump dash s xref project tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete
parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp auto-loads tex-site expand-region
subword-mode-expansions cperl-mode-expansions text-mode-expansions
html-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions thingatpt expand-region-core
expand-region-custom which-func cperl-mode auto-complete-config
auto-complete edmacro kmacro popup debian-changelog-mode imenu add-log
dpkg-dev-el saveplace vc vc-dispatcher bbdb bbdb-site timezone
bbdb-loaddefs julia-mode julia-mode-latexsubs boxquote rect
jabber-last-message-correction jabber-http-file-upload jabber-print-html
jabber-otr jabber jabber-notifications notifications jabber-libnotify
dbus jabber-awesome jabber-osd jabber-wmii jabber-xmessage
jabber-festival jabber-sawfish jabber-ratpoison jabber-tmux
jabber-screen jabber-socks5 jabber-ft-server jabber-si-server
jabber-ft-client jabber-ft-common jabber-si-client jabber-si-common
jabber-feature-neg jabber-truncate jabber-time jabber-autoaway time-date
jabber-vcard-avatars jabber-chatstates jabber-events jabber-vcard
jabber-avatar jabber-activity jabber-watch jabber-modeline easy-mmode
advice jabber-ahc-presence jabber-ahc jabber-version jabber-ourversion
jabber-muc-nick-completion hippie-exp comint ansi-osc ansi-color
jabber-browse jabber-search jabber-register jabber-roster format-spec
jabber-presence jabber-muc jabber-bookmarks jabber-private
jabber-muc-nick-coloring hexrgb jabber-widget jabber-disco wid-edit
jabber-chat jabber-history jabber-chatbuffer jabber-alert jabber-iq
jabber-core jabber-console derived sgml-mode facemenu dom ewoc
jabber-keymap jabber-sasl sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain fsm
jabber-logon jabber-conn comp comp-cstr warnings icons rx cl-extra
help-mode srv dns starttls tls jabber-xml xml jabber-menu jabber-util cl
winner ring gnutls puny find-file-from-selection find-lisp dired
dired-loaddefs cap-words superword subword server finder-inf package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1411765 173715)
 (symbols 48 41278 19)
 (strings 32 520859 2731)
 (string-bytes 1 13663731)
 (vectors 16 95517)
 (vector-slots 8 3161544 220221)
 (floats 8 726 8631)
 (intervals 56 2248 788)
 (buffers 984 36))

-- 
 "Det her er min Bob Dylan-sang nummer to                   Adam Sjøgren
  Den første var hæderlig, men ikke rigtigt god"       [email-masked]