Subject: bug#62662: 30.0.50; gnus-treat-fold-headers overrides (hides) display of face, x-face, etc.

From: Adam Sjøgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2023 14:44:43 +0200

Eli writes:

>> You are arguing that setting gnus-treat-fold-headers should
>> affect/override the setting of gnus-treat-display-face and
>> gnus-treat-display-x-face.
>> 
>> Surely turning of the folding of headers should not negate the effects
>> of turning on the display of images?
>> 
>> These should be completely independent settings as far as I can see.
>
> That's fine, but then yours is not a bug report, it's a request for
> enhancement.  AFAIU, if you'd customized gnus-treat-fold-headers to
> the value 'head' before commit 3bc0768e9b8, you'd see the same effect:
> the images on the headers would not be displayed.  Is that right?

Yes, that is correct - the bug I am trying to report is only seen when
gnus-treat-headers is set to 'head.

The commit I found by bisecting the problem might very well not be the
commit that introduced the bug.

  Best regards,

    Adam

-- 
 "It's either spectacular, unbelievable success, or         Adam Sjøgren
  crushing, hopeless defeat! There is no middle        [email-masked]
  ground!"