Subject: Re: bug#62662: 30.0.50; gnus-treat-fold-headers overrides (hides) display of face, x-face, etc.

From: Adam Sjøgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2023 14:08:49 +0200

Eli writes:

>> Since gnus-treat-fold-headers was set to default to 'head in commit
>> 3bc0768e9b8 the display of Face, X-Face, and other images in the headers
>> has stopped working.
>> 
>> With gnus-treat-fold-headers default value, 'head, no images:
>> 
>> setting it to nil, the images appear as expected:
>
> That commit just changed the default.  No code was changed in that
> commit except the default value of the option.  If you don't like the
> default, you can always customize the value back to nil.
>
> So I'm not sure I see a bug here.

You are arguing that setting gnus-treat-fold-headers should
affect/override the setting of gnus-treat-display-face and
gnus-treat-display-x-face.

Surely turning of the folding of headers should not negate the effects
of turning on the display of images?

These should be completely independent settings as far as I can see.

  Best regards,

    Adam

-- 
 "Limonès, c'est nous"                                      Adam Sjøgren
                                                       [email-masked]