Subject: bug#62656: closed (close 62656)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 13:05:02 +0000

Your bug report

#62656: Cannot fallback to SWH for Guix channel

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62656: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62656
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: close 62656
From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 14:03:48 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Issue fixed.

-- 
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves

Subject: broken guix time-machine + software-heritage
From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 23:39:32 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix!

I was trying to use guix time-machine as I did in the past, but the
recent updates with software heritage seem to have broken my use of it.

Here's the channels.scm file I used:

(list (channel
        (name 'guix)
        (url "/https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git")
        (commit "1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1")
        (introduction
          (make-channel-introduction
            "9edb3f66fd807b096b48283debdcddccfea34bad"
            (openpgp-fingerprint
              "BBB0 2DDF 2CEA F6A8 0D1D  E643 A2A0 6DF2 A33A 54FA")))))

Here is the content + backtrace of the time-machine call, after the ~10
hours long object processing on Software Heritage side:

> guix time-machine -C channels.scm -- shell
Mise à jour du canal « guix » depuis le dépôt Git « /https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git »...
SWH: found revision 1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1 with directory at 'https://archive.softwareheritage.org/api/1/directory/1ea499e7529e67a0632ecbe0a8214f0618a82c1a/'
swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/
swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/HEAD
swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/branches/
swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/config
swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/description
swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/hooks/
swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/info/
swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/info/exclude
swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/info/refs
swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/objects/
swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/objects/info/
swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/objects/info/packs
swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/objects/pack/
swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/objects/pack/pack-20648aeebad9dc6d8a29c87bd99d8fd773e1266a.idx
swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/objects/pack/pack-20648aeebad9dc6d8a29c87bd99d8fd773e1266a.pack
Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10 19 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In guix/store.scm:
   659:37 18 (thunk)
In guix/status.scm:
    830:4 17 (call-with-status-report _ _)
In guix/store.scm:
   1298:8 16 (call-with-build-handler #<procedure 7f8d1bf5adb0 at g…> …)
In guix/inferior.scm:
   928:34 15 (cached-channel-instance #<store-connection 256.99 7f8…> …)
In guix/channels.scm:
    528:7 14 (loop _ _)
In guix/combinators.scm:
    48:26 13 (fold2 #<procedure 7f8d1bf592a0 at guix/channels.scm:5…> …)
In guix/channels.scm:
   538:29 12 (_ #<<channel> name: guix url: "/https://git.savannah.…> …)
   409:17 11 (latest-channel-instance #<store-connection 256.99 7f8…> …)
In guix/git.scm:
   477:29 10 (update-cached-checkout _ #:ref _ #:recursive? _ # _ # _ …)
    378:2  9 (_ git-error #<<git-error> code: -1 message: "failed to…>)
In guix/utils.scm:
    959:8  8 (call-with-temporary-directory _)
In guix/git.scm:
   380:10  7 (_ "/tmp/guix-directory.v8A5Fq")
In guix/swh.scm:
    655:8  6 (call-with-temporary-directory #<procedure 7f8d248dba80…>)
   682:11  5 (_ "/tmp/guix-directory.4kHVt8")
In guix/build/utils.scm:
  1018:28  4 (_)
In unknown file:
           3 (get-bytevector-n! #<input: string 7f8d1aad5cb0> # 0 #)
In web/response.scm:
     95:2  2 (read! _ _ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1685:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
Throw to key `bad-response' with args `("EOF while reading response body: ~a bytes of ~a" (53394376 296632320))'.
tar: Fin prématurée rencontrée dans l'archive.
tar: Fin prématurée rencontrée dans l'archive.
tar: swh\:1\:rev\:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/objects/pack : utime impossible: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
tar: swh\:1\:rev\:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/objects : utime impossible: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
tar: swh\:1\:rev\:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git : utime impossible: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
zsh: exit 1     guix time-machine -C channels.scm -- shell

Hope this can be fixed soon, good luck ;) 

-- 
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves