Subject: Re: bug#62656: broken guix time-machine + software-heritage

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 16:43:10 +0200

Hi,

On mer., 26 avril 2023 at 11:50, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/
>> swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/HEAD
>> swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/branches/
>> swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/config
>> swh:1:rev:1984d56b0e437af7be7fa6cf8e1a00e45eb8ffa1.git/description

[...]

> I suspect this is an issue at SWH.  I’ll bring it up there.

Aside the potential bug on SWH side, maybe we could ask a flat cooking
instead of a git-bare cooking.

Considering the size of the Guix repository, it can take hours to cook
it – remember the test with CRLF ;-) – when most of the time, we need
only one specific revision.

Somehow, we could tweak ’clone-from-swh’ from (guix git) to use 'flat
instead of 'git-bare.  However, I am unsure the other tweaks it would
require since a Git repository is somehow expected.

Cheers,
simon