Subject: bug#6265: closed (Re: bug#6265: 24.0.50; eldoc don't update when moving cursor on same line)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 14:16:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6265: 24.0.50; eldoc don't update when moving cursor on same line

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6265: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6265
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6265: 24.0.50; eldoc don't update when moving cursor on same line
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 16:06:48 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed on 100497 [email-masked]

2010-06-01  Juanma Barranquero  <[email-masked]>

        * emacs-lisp/eldoc.el: Add completions for new commands left-* and
        right-*.  (Bug#6265)

Subject: 24.0.50; eldoc don't update when moving cursor on same line
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 08:08:23 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,
emacs -Q
M-x eldoc-mode

In the scratch buffer or any .el file, start writing:

(fun1 (fun2 (fun3 (fun4

While writing, eldoc work as expected but, when cursor is at fun4, when i
move back to fun3, eldoc is not updated, (e.g fun3 documentation is not
show) until i move to precedent line or next line and come back to
initial position.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.9)
 of 2010-05-22 on tux
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--program-suffix=-emacs-24' '--infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-24' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib' '--with-sound' '--with-x' '--without-gconf' '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xpm' '--with-xft' '--without-libotf' '--without-m17n-flt' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--without-hesiod' '--without-kerberos' '--without-kerberos5' '--with-gpm' '--with-dbus' 'build_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-march=i686 -pipe -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-g C-g <down> <down> <down> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <up> <down> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <left> 
<down> <up> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<left> SPC b u f - l i s t C-x C-s C-M-x C-c C-o d 
e f v a r <return> <return> C-g <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <down> <up> <down> 
<down> <up> <up> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <left> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> M-: ( p o p <help-echo> <backspace> 
p SPC ( n t h c d r SPC ( i o c c u r - p o s i t i 
o n C-g M-x C-g M-x r e p o r t <return>

Recent messages:

Quit
Saving file /home/thierry/labo/ioccur-qp/ioccur.el...
Wrote /home/thierry/labo/ioccur-qp/ioccur.el
ioccur-find-buffer-matching

Fontifying buffer...Please wait it could be long.
let*: Wrong type argument: integerp, nil
Quit
 [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/home/thierry/elisp/lua-mode/lua-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lua-mode/lua-mode
~/elisp/g-client/json hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/json
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sha1 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/sha1
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/home/thierry/elisp/emms/lisp/tq hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow emacsbug cal-julian starttls mailalias smtpmail help-mode
bbdb-hooks epa-mail gnus-fun reporter gnus-cite smiley gnus-ml
w3m-cookie sb-emacswiki sb-rss url-cache url-handlers nnrss parse-time
nnfolder nnml nndraft nnmh bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-cache gnus-demon
gnus-namazu gnus-dired nnshimbun shimbun luna eword-encode eword-decode
std11 mel path-util mime-def mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20
pces-20 broken pcustom poe gnus-bcklg spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc
gnus-msg gnus-alias newcomment imenu vc-rcs xhg-dvc xhg xhg-annotate
xhg-mq xhg-log tla smerge-mode dvc-state dvc-config dvc-diff
dvc-fileinfo diff dvc-cmenu dvc-about dvc-version dvc-revlist uniquify
align-let bzr-core cg-core xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core xmtn-minimal
server el-expectations el-mock csv2org iedit eieio zop-to-char netrc
wave-list wave-display wave-client json elscreen-server elscreen-dired
elscreen-w3m mule-util alist pym static apel-ver product elscreen
undo-tree smallurl mm-url xml-weather rectangle-utils windmove sdcv eiv
tv-utils eldoc pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs showtip
init-anything-thierry descbinds-anything anything-ipython ipython
executable anything-grep grep anything-dabbrev-expand dabbrev
shell-history anything-complete anything-show-completion anything-etags
anything-match-plugin etags anything-traverse anything-delicious
anything-mercurial anything-config w3m-bookmark rx anything
firefox-protocol bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions bookmark
install-elisp find-func mb-depth autodoc ioccur traverselisp thumb-page
moz stumpwm-mode cl-info slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references slime-xref-browser
slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-highlight-edits slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-parse slime-repl slime apropos hideshow hyperspec thingatpt
slime-autoloads bbdb-autoloads bbdb-gui bbdb-com bbdb boxquote rect
image-file tramp-imap tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache
tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp shell tramp-compat trampver newsticker
newst-treeview tree-widget newst-plainview newst-reader newst-ticker
newst-backend ledger pcomplete esh-arg esh-util extview lpr woman man
assoc two-column shell-command em-term term ehelp electric esh-toggle
em-xtra flymake pdbtrack pycomplete python-mode info-look ansi-color
pymacs no-word regex-tool whitespace htmlfontify text-translator-load
paren battery time dired-tar compile comint dired-extension image-dired
dired-details yaoddmuse skeleton sgml-mode emms-mpd-config
emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon
emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-info emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat winner dvc-init bzr-gnus
tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view smime
password-cache dig dvc-gnus tla-core pp tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc
vc-dispatcher dvc-unified dvc-tips dired-x dired-aux ffap ediff-merg
ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff
dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register
dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site psvn log-edit ring pcvs-util
add-log diff-mode lisppaste-extension lisppaste xml-rpc url-http tls
url-auth url-gw xml htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors muse-docbook
muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common
muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish muse-project
muse-protocols muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode
muse-autoloads org-config-thierry view cal-china lunar solar cal-dst
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-hg org-wl
org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs
org-html org-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex
org-bbdb org-agenda appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs org-annotation-helper url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap
remember org-remember org-datetree org byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
org-footnote org-src org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs
noutline outline config-w3m w3m browse-url doc-view jka-compr image-mode
timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image
w3m-proc w3m-util mime-w3m w3m-load savehist epa-file epa derived epg
epg-config auth-source dired gnus-async nntp gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group
time-date gnus-undo nnmail mail-source format-spec gnus-start gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail regexp-opt rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit info easymenu
usage-memo desktop midnight punycode idna mybest-theme edmacro kmacro
eev-thierry iterator eev-all eev-mini-steps eev-browse-url eev-langs
eev-compose eev-glyphs disp-table eev-insert eev-steps eev-bounded eev
easy-mmode advice help-fns advice-preload cl cl-19 site-gentoo w3m-wget
preview-latex tex-site auto-loads tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Thierry Volpiatto
Gpg key: http://pgp.mit.edu/