Subject: bug#62644: 29.0.60; Internal native compiler error

From: Maks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 17:07:14 +0300

Hello,

when I try to build Emacs from master branch I get an error:

  ELC+ELN  org/org-plot.elc
  ELC+ELN  org/org-protocol.elc
  ELC+ELN  org/org-refile.elc

Error: native-ice ("org/org-plot.el" "block does not end with a branch" #s(comp-block-lap bb_8 ((comment "LAP TAG 83") (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar nil nil ((1 . 1)) nil nil nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) make-temp-file) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (call record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar nil nil ((1 . 1)) nil nil nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4) plist-get) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 5) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 0)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 6) :transpose) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 5) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 6))) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 5) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 6) #s(hash-table size 3 test eq rehash-size 1.5 rehash-threshold 0.8125 purecopy t data (y 105 yes 105 t 105)))) nil nil nil nil #s(hash-table size 65 test eql rehash-size 1.5 rehash-threshold 0.8125 data ()) nil nil 1 72 nil nil) org-plot/gnuplot)
  mapbacktrace(#f(compiled-function (evald func args flags) #<bytecode 0x12590fdc1dae87c3>))
  debug-early-backtrace()
  debug-early(error (native-ice "org/org-plot.el" "block does not end with a branch" #s(comp-block-lap :name bb_8 :insns ((comment "LAP TAG 83") (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset nil :range ((1 . 1)) :neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) make-temp-file) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3))) (call record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3))) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3))) (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset nil :range ((1 . 1)) :neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) plist-get) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 0)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6) :transpose) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6))) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6) #<hash-table eq 3/3 0x1564cdcc57fb>)) :closed nil :in-edges nil :out-edges nil :idom nil :df #<hash-table eql 0/65 0x1564cdfb35d3> :post-num nil :final-frame nil :sp 1 :addr 72 :non-ret-insn nil :no-ret nil) org-plot/gnuplot))
  signal(native-ice ("org/org-plot.el" "block does not end with a branch" #s(comp-block-lap :name bb_8 :insns ((comment "LAP TAG 83") (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset nil :range ((1 . 1)) :neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) make-temp-file) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3))) (call record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3))) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3))) (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset nil :range ((1 . 1)) :neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) plist-get) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 0)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6) :transpose) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6))) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6) #<hash-table eq 3/3 0x1564cdcc57fb>)) :closed nil :in-edges nil :out-edges nil :idom nil :df #<hash-table eql 0/65 0x1564cdfb35d3> :post-num nil :final-frame nil :sp 1 :addr 72 :non-ret-insn nil :no-ret nil) org-plot/gnuplot))
  comp--native-compile("org/org-plot.el")
  batch-native-compile()
  batch-byte+native-compile()
  command-line-1(("--eval" "(setq load-prefer-newer t byte-compile-warnings 'all)" "-l" "comp" "-f" "batch-byte+native-compile" "org/org-plot.el"))
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Internal native compiler error: "org/org-plot.el", "block does not end with a branch", #s(comp-block-lap bb_8 ((comment "LAP TAG 83") (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar nil nil ((1 . 1)) nil nil nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) make-temp-file) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (call record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) ...) nil nil nil nil #s(hash-table size 65 test eql rehash-size 1.5 rehash-threshold 0.8125 data ()) nil nil ...), #<symbol org-plot/gnuplot at 23521>
make[3]: *** [Makefile:327: org/org-plot.elc] Error 255
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Using bruteforce-like method I figured out that the last commit which I
can successfuly build is 3965c65d5e28e0efdfa693046f6a2059e74465f9 and
starting from 5b005f26a831881b0509f05d3b28dafbbe5bad41 (inclusively) it
didn't. Before every build attemption I did `git clean -dfx` command.

Some information generated by report-emacs-bug: 

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-04-02 built on pop-os
Repository revision: 3965c65d5e28e0efdfa693046f6a2059e74465f9
Repository branch: trybuild
System Description: Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/mx/.local --without-compress-install
 --with-native-compilation=aot --with-json --without-ns --without-x
 --with-pgtk --with-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O3 -march=native''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: ru_UA.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: ru_UA.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: ru_UA.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  electric-pair-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  puni-mode: t
  common-lisp-modes-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/mx/.config/emacs/straight/build/transient/transient hides /home/mx/.local/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/transient
/home/mx/.config/emacs/straight/build/map/map hides /home/mx/.local/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/emacs-lisp/map

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair pcase
gcmh markdown-mode-autoloads elpy-autoloads s-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads pyvenv-autoloads highlight-indentation-autoloads
company-autoloads magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads
dash-autoloads puni-autoloads cider-autoloads sesman-autoloads
spinner-autoloads queue-autoloads parseedn-autoloads map-autoloads
parseclj-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads common-lisp-modes vertico
compat vertico-autoloads compat-autoloads functions modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes modus-themes-autoloads info cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit
edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode gcmh-autoloads
use-package-delight delight comp comp-cstr warnings icons rx
delight-autoloads finder-inf use-package-core early-init
straight-autoloads cl-seq cl-extra help-mode straight subr-x cl-macs gv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 186391 63582)
 (symbols 48 13537 0)
 (strings 32 34411 9702)
 (string-bytes 1 1300565)
 (vectors 16 23814)
 (vector-slots 8 805977 84690)
 (floats 8 83 249)
 (intervals 56 273 77)
 (buffers 984 11))