Subject: bug#62638: 29.0.60; Spawned Graph Windows are Unpresponsive

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2023 15:42:22 -0400 (7 minutes, 54 seconds ago)

Start with

> emacs -Q

Navigate to an octave .m file, run inferior octave. My octave file 
is:

> pkg load control
> 
> s = tf('s');
> 
> g = 1/(2*s^2+3*s+4);
> step(g);
> title ("Step response of a PT2 transfer function");

C-c TAB C-a to send to process. Graph pops up. 

Graph widget is totally unresponsive. File/Edit/Tools tabs do
nothing. Buttons to rotate/move the figure don't do 
anything. Octave
inferior buffer will take some commands, like close, and this will 
close
the figure. The 'x' to close the widget does not respond.

In addition to this, octave inferior buffer has printed

octave> octave> octave> octave> octave> octave> octave> octave> 
octave> octave> octave> 

Octave graph programs/widgets behave as expected when the process 
is launched
from gnu octave editor.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.37, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-04-02 built on vren
Repository revision: 82d0b6c64eaaa5d7de2bb0653cec60fabada5643
Repository branch: makepkg
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man 
 --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt 
 --without-gconf
 --with-native-compilation=yes --with-xinput2 --with-pgtk
 --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no --with-tree-sitter --without-gpm
 --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt 
 -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ 
JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY 
PDUMPER PGTK
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS 
TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Inferior Octave

Minor modes in effect:
  org-roam-db-autosync-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  clean-aindent-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  ivy-prescient-mode: t
  prescient-persist-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  compilation-shell-minor-mode: t
  ivy-rich-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20230329.1819/cmake-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230315.1520/transient hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/transient
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package-diminish 
hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package-diminish
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package-jump 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package-jump
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package-bind-key 
hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package-bind-key
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/bind-key-20230203.2004/bind-key hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/bind-key
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package-core 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package-core
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package-lint 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package-lint
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package-ensure 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package-ensure
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package-delight 
hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package-delight
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/eldoc-1.13.0/eldoc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug amx octave smie org-roam-ui
org-roam-dailies org-roam-protocol org-protocol org-roam-migrate
org-roam-log org-roam-mode org-roam-capture org-roam-id 
org-roam-node
org-roam-db emacsql-sqlite-builtin sqlite org-roam-utils 
org-roam-compat
org-roam org-capture org-attach emacsql-sqlite 
emacsql-sqlite-common
emacsql emacsql-compiler magit-section simple-httpd pulse tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat 
ls-lisp
which-key all-the-icons-dired dired-aux dired-hide-dotfiles 
org-indent
org-bullets image-file image-converter oc-basic disp-table ol-eww 
eww
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu 
mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 
nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win ol-docview 
doc-view
filenotify ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi 
org-link-doi
doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env
doom-modeline-core shrink-path f f-shortdoc smartparens-config
smartparens-rst smartparens-markdown smartparens-org 
smartparens-text
smartparens-python smartparens-latex smartparens-c smartparens 
loadhist
slime-asdf grep slime-quicklisp slime-fancy slime-indentation
slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree
slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep
slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy 
slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands 
slime-autodoc
slime-repl elp slime-parse slime clean-aindent-mode 
rainbow-delimiters
yafolding lisp-mnt gud apropos etags fileloop arc-mode 
archive-mode
hyperspec slime-autoloads smtpmail elfeed-goodies-logging
elfeed-goodies-new-entry-hooks mm-url gnus nnheader range
elfeed-goodies-split-pane popwin elfeed-goodies-show-mode 
link-hint ffap
goto-addr avy elfeed-goodies-search-mode powerline 
powerline-separators
powerline-themes elfeed-goodies elfeed-show elfeed-search message
sendmail yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse 
rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev 
mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader shr pixel-fill kinsoku puny svg dom 
elfeed-csv
elfeed elfeed-curl elfeed-log elfeed-db elfeed-lib url-queue 
url-file
xml-query all-the-icons-ibuffer ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
math-symbol-lists djvu mpv valign pdf-tools cus-edit cus-load 
wid-edit
pdf-view bookmark jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util 
pdf-macs
image-mode exif semantic/idle semantic/analyze semantic/sort
semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/format 
semantic/tag-ls
semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/db-mode semantic/db 
eieio-base
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic pp semantic/tag 
semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet with-editor comp comp-cstr 
cpp-auto-include
cmake-ide s levenshtein find-file cmake-font-lock cmake-mode rst
cpputils-cmake spice-mode imenu speedbar ezimage dframe skeleton
flycheck ac-ispell auto-complete popup websocket bindat org-drill
persist org-tempo tempo ob-spice ob-shell shell ob-R ob-makefile 
ob-C
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align 
cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs ob-latex ob-matlab ob-sqlite ob-octave ob-sql 
ob-python
python treesit org-tree-slide face-remap org-timer org-clock 
org-habit
org-agenda org-element org-persist org-id avl-tree generator 
org-refile
org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval 
org-cycle
org-table ol rx org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
find-func org-version org-compat org-macs format-spec 
auctex-latexmk
latex latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake warnings icons thingatpt
tex-ispell tex-style tex dbus xml crm texmathp auctex 
visual-fill-column
all-the-icons-ivy-rich doom-palenight-theme doom-themes 
doom-themes-base
all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons
data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons ivy-fuz 
fuz
fuz-extra inline fuzzy advice ivy-prescient prescient char-fold 
counsel
xdg xref project dired dired-loaddefs compile text-property-search
comint ansi-osc ansi-color ivy-rich swiper flyspell-correct-ivy 
ivy
delsel ring ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color flyspell-correct 
flyspell
ispell edmacro kmacro server no-littering compat diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs time-date
auto-package-update dash cl-extra help-mode use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core 
finder-inf
display-line-numbers tex-site pcase info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history 
url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers 
url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json 
subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib 
rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt 
fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode 
register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core 
term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian 
philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai 
tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak 
czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj 
charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray 
oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face 
macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable 
backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty 
make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1067401 354102)
 (symbols 48 60192 0)
 (strings 32 272748 32726)
 (string-bytes 1 8108259)
 (vectors 16 96121)
 (vector-slots 8 1817035 571726)
 (floats 8 1614 1056)
 (intervals 56 904 613)
 (buffers 984 16))