Subject: Re: bug#62599: 30.0.50; Improve ibuffer-diff-with-file

From: Basil Contovounesios <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2023 17:44:09 +0100

Mattias Engdegård [2023-04-02 10:24 +0200] wrote:

> Thank you -- I'm no buffer expert but see no obvious flaws.

Thanks for reviewing.  I'll wait a few more days for comments before
pushing.

> `verilog-diff-file-with-buffer` in verilog-mode.el looks vaguely
> similar, down to the dodgy unwind-protect, but it has stronger
> compatibility requirements so it probably can't use more recent diff
> machinery.

Oh, that reminded me that call-process has a DISPLAY parameter.  I guess
in ibuffer-diff-buffer-with-file-1 we're still interested in calling
redisplay after diff-sentinel, though:

Basil L. Contovounesios [2023-04-01 23:20 +0100] wrote:

> +      (diff-sentinel (call-process shell-file-name nil t nil
> +                                   shell-command-switch command)
> +                     oldtmp newtmp)
> +      (goto-char (point-max)))
> +    (redisplay)))

I opened https://bugs.gnu.org/62620 for the Verilog case.

Thanks,

-- 
Basil