Subject: bug#62644: closed (Re: bug#62596: make bootstrap failing since 52b67740d10)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2023 09:37:03 +0000

Your bug report

#62596: 29.0.60; Internal native compiler error

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62596: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62596
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#62596: make bootstrap failing since 52b67740d10
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Adam Sjøgren <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 02:36:02 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Adam Sjøgren via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of
text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stefan writes:
>
>> This bug is still open.  Is this still an issue, or has it been
>> resolved since?
>
> 'make bootstrap' works for me with (master updated yesterday), so from
> my (superficial) perspective it has been fixed.
>
> Thanks for checking in!

Thanks, I'm therefore closing this bug report.

Subject: 29.0.60; Internal native compiler error
From: Maks <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 17:07:14 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

when I try to build Emacs from master branch I get an error:

  ELC+ELN  org/org-plot.elc
  ELC+ELN  org/org-protocol.elc
  ELC+ELN  org/org-refile.elc

Error: native-ice ("org/org-plot.el" "block does not end with a branch" #s(comp-block-lap bb_8 ((comment "LAP TAG 83") (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar nil nil ((1 . 1)) nil nil nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) make-temp-file) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (call record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar nil nil ((1 . 1)) nil nil nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4) plist-get) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 5) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 0)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 6) :transpose) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 5) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 6))) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 5) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 6) #s(hash-table size 3 test eq rehash-size 1.5 rehash-threshold 0.8125 purecopy t data (y 105 yes 105 t 105)))) nil nil nil nil #s(hash-table size 65 test eql rehash-size 1.5 rehash-threshold 0.8125 data ()) nil nil 1 72 nil nil) org-plot/gnuplot)
  mapbacktrace(#f(compiled-function (evald func args flags) #<bytecode 0x12590fdc1dae87c3>))
  debug-early-backtrace()
  debug-early(error (native-ice "org/org-plot.el" "block does not end with a branch" #s(comp-block-lap :name bb_8 :insns ((comment "LAP TAG 83") (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset nil :range ((1 . 1)) :neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) make-temp-file) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3))) (call record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3))) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3))) (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset nil :range ((1 . 1)) :neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) plist-get) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 0)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6) :transpose) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6))) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6) #<hash-table eq 3/3 0x1564cdcc57fb>)) :closed nil :in-edges nil :out-edges nil :idom nil :df #<hash-table eql 0/65 0x1564cdfb35d3> :post-num nil :final-frame nil :sp 1 :addr 72 :non-ret-insn nil :no-ret nil) org-plot/gnuplot))
  signal(native-ice ("org/org-plot.el" "block does not end with a branch" #s(comp-block-lap :name bb_8 :insns ((comment "LAP TAG 83") (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset nil :range ((1 . 1)) :neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) make-temp-file) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3))) (call record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3))) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3))) (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset nil :range ((1 . 1)) :neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) plist-get) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 0)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6) :transpose) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6))) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6) #<hash-table eq 3/3 0x1564cdcc57fb>)) :closed nil :in-edges nil :out-edges nil :idom nil :df #<hash-table eql 0/65 0x1564cdfb35d3> :post-num nil :final-frame nil :sp 1 :addr 72 :non-ret-insn nil :no-ret nil) org-plot/gnuplot))
  comp--native-compile("org/org-plot.el")
  batch-native-compile()
  batch-byte+native-compile()
  command-line-1(("--eval" "(setq load-prefer-newer t byte-compile-warnings 'all)" "-l" "comp" "-f" "batch-byte+native-compile" "org/org-plot.el"))
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Internal native compiler error: "org/org-plot.el", "block does not end with a branch", #s(comp-block-lap bb_8 ((comment "LAP TAG 83") (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar nil nil ((1 . 1)) nil nil nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) make-temp-file) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (call record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) ...) nil nil nil nil #s(hash-table size 65 test eql rehash-size 1.5 rehash-threshold 0.8125 data ()) nil nil ...), #<symbol org-plot/gnuplot at 23521>
make[3]: *** [Makefile:327: org/org-plot.elc] Error 255
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Using bruteforce-like method I figured out that the last commit which I
can successfuly build is 3965c65d5e28e0efdfa693046f6a2059e74465f9 and
starting from 5b005f26a831881b0509f05d3b28dafbbe5bad41 (inclusively) it
didn't. Before every build attemption I did `git clean -dfx` command.

Some information generated by report-emacs-bug: 

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-04-02 built on pop-os
Repository revision: 3965c65d5e28e0efdfa693046f6a2059e74465f9
Repository branch: trybuild
System Description: Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/mx/.local --without-compress-install
 --with-native-compilation=aot --with-json --without-ns --without-x
 --with-pgtk --with-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O3 -march=native''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: ru_UA.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: ru_UA.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: ru_UA.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  electric-pair-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  puni-mode: t
  common-lisp-modes-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/mx/.config/emacs/straight/build/transient/transient hides /home/mx/.local/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/transient
/home/mx/.config/emacs/straight/build/map/map hides /home/mx/.local/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/emacs-lisp/map

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair pcase
gcmh markdown-mode-autoloads elpy-autoloads s-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads pyvenv-autoloads highlight-indentation-autoloads
company-autoloads magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads
dash-autoloads puni-autoloads cider-autoloads sesman-autoloads
spinner-autoloads queue-autoloads parseedn-autoloads map-autoloads
parseclj-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads common-lisp-modes vertico
compat vertico-autoloads compat-autoloads functions modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes modus-themes-autoloads info cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit
edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode gcmh-autoloads
use-package-delight delight comp comp-cstr warnings icons rx
delight-autoloads finder-inf use-package-core early-init
straight-autoloads cl-seq cl-extra help-mode straight subr-x cl-macs gv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 186391 63582)
 (symbols 48 13537 0)
 (strings 32 34411 9702)
 (string-bytes 1 1300565)
 (vectors 16 23814)
 (vector-slots 8 805977 84690)
 (floats 8 83 249)
 (intervals 56 273 77)
 (buffers 984 11))