Subject: bug#62537: closed (Re: bug#62596: make bootstrap failing since 52b67740d10)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2023 09:37:03 +0000

Your bug report

#62596: Error compiling emacs master with native compilation activated

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62596: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62596
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#62596: make bootstrap failing since 52b67740d10
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Adam Sjøgren <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 02:36:02 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Adam Sjøgren via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of
text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stefan writes:
>
>> This bug is still open.  Is this still an issue, or has it been
>> resolved since?
>
> 'make bootstrap' works for me with (master updated yesterday), so from
> my (superficial) perspective it has been fixed.
>
> Thanks for checking in!

Thanks, I'm therefore closing this bug report.

Subject: Error compiling emacs master with native compilation activated
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 09:18:39 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

HI
there seems to be a problem when compiling the org-mode files with
native compilation activated

```
  ELC+ELN  org/org-plot.elc

Error: native-ice ("org/org-plot.el" "block does not end with a
branch" #s(comp-block-lap bb_8 ((comment "LAP TAG 83") (call
helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar nil nil ((1 . 1)) nil nil nil)) (setimm
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) make-temp-file) (setimm
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar (t)
nil nil nil nil 2) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil
2) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (call
record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil
nil 3) org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil
nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (setimm
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t)
nil nil nil nil 3))) (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar nil nil ((1 .
1)) nil nil nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4)
plist-get) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 5) #s(comp-mvar (t)
nil nil nil nil 0)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 6)
:transpose) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4) (callref funcall
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil
5) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 6))) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil
nil nil 5) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar
(t) nil nil nil nil 6) #s(hash-table size 3 test eq rehash-size 1.5
rehash-threshold 0.8125 purecopy t data (y 105 yes 105 t 105)))) nil
nil nil nil #s(hash-table size 65 test eql rehash-size 1.5
rehash-threshold 0.8125 data ()) nil nil 1 72 nil nil)
org-plot/gnuplot)
  mapbacktrace(#f(compiled-function (evald func args flags) #<bytecode
0x285567f77ae87d2>))
  debug-early-backtrace()
  debug-early(error (native-ice "org/org-plot.el" "block does not end
with a branch" #s(comp-block-lap :name bb_8 :insns ((comment "LAP TAG
83") (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset nil
:range ((1 . 1)) :neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2)
make-temp-file) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range
nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset
(t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) (callref funcall
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil
:slot 2) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id
nil :slot 3))) (call record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil
:slot 3) org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t)
:valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref funcall
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil
:slot 3))) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil
:neg nil :id nil :slot 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref
funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id
nil :slot 3))) (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset
nil :range ((1 . 1)) :neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4)
plist-get) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg
nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil
:neg nil :id nil :slot 0)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset
nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6) :transpose) (set #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) (callref
funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id
nil :slot 4) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil
:id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg
nil :id nil :slot 6))) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil
:range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset
nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6)
#<hash-table eq 3/3 0x155ea01696a7>)) :closed nil :in-edges nil
:out-edges nil :idom nil :df #<hash-table eql 0/65 0x155ea02c4401>
:post-num nil :final-frame nil :sp 1 :addr 72 :non-ret-insn nil
:no-ret nil) org-plot/gnuplot))
  signal(native-ice ("org/org-plot.el" "block does not end with a
branch" #s(comp-block-lap :name bb_8 :insns ((comment "LAP TAG 83")
(call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset nil :range ((1
. 1)) :neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t)
:valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) make-temp-file)
(setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id
nil :slot 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil
:range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2)
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil
:slot 3))) (call record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3)
org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset
nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3)))
(setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id
nil :slot 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset
nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3))) (call
helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset nil :range ((1 . 1))
:neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset
nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) plist-get) (set #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5)
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil
:slot 0)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil
:neg nil :id nil :slot 6) :transpose) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t)
:valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) (callref funcall
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil
:slot 4) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id
nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil
:id nil :slot 6))) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range
nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil
:range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset
(t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6) #<hash-table eq
3/3 0x155ea01696a7>)) :closed nil :in-edges nil :out-edges nil :idom
nil :df #<hash-table eql 0/65 0x155ea02c4401> :post-num nil
:final-frame nil :sp 1 :addr 72 :non-ret-insn nil :no-ret nil)
org-plot/gnuplot))
  comp--native-compile("org/org-plot.el")
  batch-native-compile()
  batch-byte+native-compile()
  command-line-1(("--eval" "(setq load-prefer-newer t
byte-compile-warnings 'all)" "-l" "comp" "-f"
"batch-byte+native-compile" "org/org-plot.el"))
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Internal native compiler error: "org/org-plot.el", "block does not end
with a branch", #s(comp-block-lap bb_8 ((comment "LAP TAG 83") (call
helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar nil nil ((1 . 1)) nil nil nil)) (setimm
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) make-temp-file) (setimm
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar (t)
nil nil nil nil 2) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil
2) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (call
record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil
nil 3) org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil
nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (setimm
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t)
nil nil nil nil 3))) ...) nil nil nil nil #s(hash-table size 65 test
eql rehash-size 1.5 rehash-threshold 0.8125 data ()) nil nil ...),
#<symbol org-plot/gnuplot at 23521>
make[5]: *** [Makefile:327: org/org-plot.elc] Error 255
```

-- 
Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should
run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet