Subject: bug#62575: 29.0.60; Tabs are not showing the right names of the buffers

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2023 08:37:38 +0300

> Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 23:06:02 +0200
> From: Claudio Grondi <[email-masked]>
> 
> I have switched in between from gtk to lucid observing the mentioned issue.
> 
> See 
> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/76593/bug-or-feature-click-on-tab-does-not-give-the-buffer-with-the-shown-buffer-name

Please always report bugs with all the details included in the
report.  Please do NOT just cite a report posted elsewhere, but
include all the details here.  We want our bug tracker to have all the
information, and do not want to depend on some other site, which may
or may not keep this information for the years to come.

> This should be easy to reproduce, right?

I don't know, because you didn't show the steps for reproducing the
problem, neither here nor on SE.  The description on SE starts in the
middle of a situation without telling how to get to that situation
starting from "emacs -Q".  Can you describe those steps, please?

> Can you reproduce it?

Not if I try to do so naïvely.  Here's what I tried:

  emacs -Q
  M-x tab-bar-mode RET
  click on the "+" to add a new tab
  C-x C-f ~/.emacs RET

Now I have two tabs: one showing "*scratch*", the other showing
".emacs".  Clicking on a tab causes Emacs to display the buffer whose
name is on the tab I click.

Does this mean the problem is not reproduced here?