Subject: bug#62575: 29.0.60; Tabs are not showing the right names of the buffers

From: Claudio Grondi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 23:45:47 +0200

OK ... I have tried it out, but the tab-line seems also to have its 
problems. Here how to reproduce what I mean should not happen:

1. emacs -Q

2. switch to visible tab-line.

3. create a help buffer, visit the *Messages* buffer and then:

4. type M-x TAB TAB to create a list of completions.

5. Use the modeline of the window showing *scratch*, *Messages*, ...  to 
show the buffer *Completions*

6. Use the modeline to get back to one of the other buffers

The "bug" is that clicking on the now visible tab *Completions* in the 
tab-line will show the *Completions* buffer, but there will be no 
tab-line anymore there to click to get back to the other buffers.

Is it a bug of a tab-line or a feature?

 From my perspective just only weird and not consistent behavior.

On 4/2/23 18:29, Juri Linkov wrote:
>> Am ** I ** insane expecting that clicking a button labeled "show me buffer
>> X" will show me buffer X???
> Then maybe you need to use the tab-line.  Clicking on a tab with
> a buffer name in global-tab-line-mode will always show you that buffer.