Subject: bug#62575: 29.0.60; Tabs are not showing the right names of the buffers

From: Claudio Grondi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 23:06:02 +0200

To: [email-masked]
Subject: 29.0.60; Tabs are not showing the right names of the buffers

--text follows this line--

I have switched in between from gtk to lucid observing the mentioned issue.

See 
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/76593/bug-or-feature-click-on-tab-does-not-give-the-buffer-with-the-shown-buffer-name

This should be easy to reproduce, right?

Can you reproduce it?

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
  version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2023-03-30 built on OoO
Repository revision: 4508a024e81834cfb01c6f7984182e1a6cbb91ea
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Linux Mint 21

Configured using:
  'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-imagemagick'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: C.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: C.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: C.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   save-place-mode: t
   display-time-mode: t
   cua-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   tab-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/neo/.emacs.d/elpa/svg-1.1/svg hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/svg
/home/neo/.emacs.d/elpa/cl-lib-0.7.1/cl-lib hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-lib

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils find-func ffap
descr-text cus-edit wid-edit battery thingatpt cus-start ido
find-desktop cua-rect rect tramp-archive tramp-gvfs tramp-cache
time-stamp zeroconf dbus xml tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration tramp-compat parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp format-spec
mule-util display-line-numbers sh-script smie executable files-x shell
pcomplete cl-print ielm pp shortdoc text-property-search help-fns
radix-tree python rx project pcase treesit comint ansi-osc ring
ansi-color dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs tab-line time-date nlinum
linum finder-inf cl-extra help-mode icons delsel saveplace time desktop
frameset cua-base cus-load moe-theme-autoloads system-packages-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads paredit-autoloads info orderless-autoloads
mines-autoloads luwak-autoloads tiny-autoloads which-key-autoloads
edit-indirect-autoloads shell-command+-autoloads dired-du-autoloads
svg-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads smooth-scroll-autoloads
treeview-autoloads ascii-art-to-unicode-autoloads vlf-autoloads
smartparens-autoloads grip-mode-autoloads wgrep-autoloads
good-scroll-autoloads sublimity-autoloads nlinum-autoloads
minimap-autoloads relint-autoloads xr-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 311408 42936)
  (symbols 48 17954 0)
  (strings 32 85419 3768)
  (string-bytes 1 2223226)
  (vectors 16 31835)
  (vector-slots 8 401609 16274)
  (floats 8 180 376)
  (intervals 56 5171 4520)
  (buffers 984 22))