Subject: bug#6257: 24.0.50; tramp don't wait user enter password when using /su::

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 17:27:07 +0200

Hi, tramp don't wait user enter password when using 
C-x C-f /su::

After a few seconds tramp try to connect, it should wait password is
entered.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.9)
 of 2010-05-22 on tux
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--program-suffix=-emacs-24' '--infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-24' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib' '--with-sound' '--with-x' '--without-gconf' '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xpm' '--with-xft' '--without-libotf' '--without-m17n-flt' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--without-hesiod' '--without-kerberos' '--without-kerberos5' '--with-gpm' '--with-dbus' 'build_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-march=i686 -pipe -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-g <down> <down> M-x r e p o r t <return>

Recent messages:
Desktop lazily opening bmkannotations.org (2 remaining)...done
Desktop lazily opening my-blog.org (1 remaining)...
OVERVIEW
Desktop lazily opening my-blog.org (1 remaining)...done
Lazy desktop load complete
Auto-saving...done
 [3 times]
Tramp: Opening connection for [email-masked] using su...done
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/home/thierry/elisp/lua-mode/lua-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lua-mode/lua-mode
~/elisp/g-client/json hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/json
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sha1 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/sha1
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/home/thierry/elisp/emms/lisp/tq hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow gnus-cite gnus-demon gnus-namazu gnus-dired nnshimbun shimbun
luna eword-encode eword-decode std11 mel path-util mime-def mcharset
mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20 pces-20 broken pcustom poe gnus-bcklg spam
spam-stat gnus-uu yenc gnus-alias mail-extr gnus-msg emacsbug imenu
vc-rcs xhg-dvc xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log em-unix em-script
em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt
em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups
eshell esh-module esh-mode align-let bzr-core cg-core xdarcs-core
xgit-core xhg-core xmtn-minimal tla smerge-mode dvc-state dvc-config
dvc-diff dvc-fileinfo diff dvc-cmenu dvc-about dvc-version dvc-revlist
uniquify server el-expectations el-mock csv2org iedit eieio zop-to-char
netrc wave-list wave-display wave-client json elscreen-server
elscreen-dired elscreen-w3m mule-util alist pym static apel-ver product
elscreen undo-tree smallurl mm-url xml-weather rectangle-utils windmove
sdcv eiv tv-utils eldoc pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs showtip
init-anything-thierry descbinds-anything anything-ipython ipython
executable anything-grep grep anything-dabbrev-expand dabbrev
shell-history anything-complete anything-show-completion anything-etags
anything-match-plugin etags anything-traverse anything-delicious
anything-mercurial anything-config w3m-bookmark rx anything
firefox-protocol bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions bookmark
install-elisp find-func mb-depth autodoc ioccur traverselisp thumb-page
moz stumpwm-mode cl-info slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references slime-xref-browser
slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-highlight-edits slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-parse slime-repl slime apropos hideshow hyperspec thingatpt
slime-autoloads bbdb-autoloads bbdb-gui bbdb-com bbdb boxquote rect
image-file tramp-imap tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache
tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp shell tramp-compat trampver newsticker
newst-treeview tree-widget newst-plainview newst-reader newst-ticker
newst-backend ledger pcomplete esh-arg esh-util extview lpr woman man
assoc two-column shell-command em-term term ehelp electric esh-toggle
em-xtra flymake pdbtrack pycomplete python-mode info-look ansi-color
pymacs no-word regex-tool whitespace htmlfontify text-translator-load
paren battery time dired-tar compile comint dired-extension image-dired
dired-details yaoddmuse skeleton sgml-mode emms-mpd-config
emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon
emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-info emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat winner dvc-init bzr-gnus
tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view smime
password-cache dig dvc-gnus tla-core pp tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc
vc-dispatcher dvc-unified dvc-tips dired-x dired-aux ffap ediff-merg
ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff
dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register
dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site psvn log-edit ring pcvs-util
add-log diff-mode lisppaste-extension lisppaste xml-rpc url-http tls
url-auth url-gw xml htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors muse-docbook
muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common
muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish muse-project
muse-protocols muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode
muse-autoloads org-config-thierry view cal-china lunar solar cal-dst
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-hg org-wl
org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs
org-html org-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex
org-bbdb org-agenda appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs org-annotation-helper url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap
remember org-remember org-datetree org byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
org-footnote org-src org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs
noutline outline config-w3m w3m browse-url doc-view jka-compr image-mode
timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image
w3m-proc w3m-util mime-w3m w3m-load savehist epa-file epa derived epg
epg-config auth-source dired gnus-async nntp gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group
time-date gnus-undo nnmail mail-source format-spec gnus-start gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail regexp-opt rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit info easymenu
usage-memo desktop midnight punycode idna mybest-theme edmacro kmacro
eev-thierry iterator eev-all eev-mini-steps eev-browse-url eev-langs
eev-compose eev-glyphs disp-table eev-insert eev-steps eev-bounded eev
easy-mmode advice help-fns advice-preload cl cl-19 site-gentoo w3m-wget
preview-latex tex-site auto-loads tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Thierry Volpiatto
Gpg key: http://pgp.mit.edu/