Subject: Re: bug#62562: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Some new SVG icons

From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 12:38:39 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 22:52:02 -0700
>> 
>> I really like the SVG icons Stefan K added to Customize, so I made some
>> more. These icons can be used for, eg, tab-bar, Customize, and warning
>> messages. (Especially for the warning message, right now it’s either an
>> emoji (⛔) or a black block (■).)
>> 
>> The naming is debatable. I want them to be in a subdir together, so they
>> are now in the "symbols" dir.
>> 
>> The ".16" is because some times an icon design is only suitable for a
>> particular size, similar to "optical sizing" in font design. Anyway, I
>> think being specific wouldn’t hurt; It’s easy to use the ".16" version
>> for other sizes like 32 or 64, but not so much the other way around.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Please rename the files so that they have only one period, in the
> ".svg" extension.  The rest should be dashes or underscores.  Also, I
> think this deserves a NEWS entry.  And feel free to install this on
> master.

Done. I didn’t add any news entries yet since I have some further plans.

I wonder if there could be a command like list-icon-images that shows users
the icon images they can use?

Also CC’ing Juri, since I think maybe tab-bar can take advantage of some
of these icons :-)

Yuan