Subject: Re: bug#62554: [PATCH] gnu: Add book-r5rs.

From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2023 13:41:06 +0800

Antero Mejr <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/book-software.scm (book-r5rs): New variable.
> ---
> Please apply this patch last.
> This patch is for the R5RS spec document, in PDF and Info formats.
> Not sure what conventions would work best, but here I used:
> 1. package definitions for books/documents go into the file
>    "book-[type].scm".
> 2. package definition names are formatted "book-[shortname]".

Good idea, I'll rename 'faif' to 'book-faif' later.

> I would be interested to hear what others think about books in Guix.
> Would we want to limit to technical books? What about translations?
> Has this already been proposed somewhere?

I don't know any former proposed/discussion.  Well I'd like to also
include translations, eg:

https://github.com/lifanxi/free-as-in-freedom-zh-cn
https://github.com/beijinglug/fsfs-zh

For non-technical books, maybe math books? eg:

https://discrete.openmathbooks.org/dmoi3.html

I'm not sure though, due to lack of confidence to make a judge...