Subject: Error compiling emacs master with native compilation activated

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 09:18:39 +0200

HI
there seems to be a problem when compiling the org-mode files with
native compilation activated

```
  ELC+ELN  org/org-plot.elc

Error: native-ice ("org/org-plot.el" "block does not end with a
branch" #s(comp-block-lap bb_8 ((comment "LAP TAG 83") (call
helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar nil nil ((1 . 1)) nil nil nil)) (setimm
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) make-temp-file) (setimm
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar (t)
nil nil nil nil 2) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil
2) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (call
record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil
nil 3) org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil
nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (setimm
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t)
nil nil nil nil 3))) (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar nil nil ((1 .
1)) nil nil nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4)
plist-get) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 5) #s(comp-mvar (t)
nil nil nil nil 0)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 6)
:transpose) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4) (callref funcall
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil
5) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 6))) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil
nil nil 5) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 4)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar
(t) nil nil nil nil 6) #s(hash-table size 3 test eq rehash-size 1.5
rehash-threshold 0.8125 purecopy t data (y 105 yes 105 t 105)))) nil
nil nil nil #s(hash-table size 65 test eql rehash-size 1.5
rehash-threshold 0.8125 data ()) nil nil 1 72 nil nil)
org-plot/gnuplot)
  mapbacktrace(#f(compiled-function (evald func args flags) #<bytecode
0x285567f77ae87d2>))
  debug-early-backtrace()
  debug-early(error (native-ice "org/org-plot.el" "block does not end
with a branch" #s(comp-block-lap :name bb_8 :insns ((comment "LAP TAG
83") (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset nil
:range ((1 . 1)) :neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2)
make-temp-file) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range
nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset
(t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) (callref funcall
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil
:slot 2) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id
nil :slot 3))) (call record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil
:slot 3) org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t)
:valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref funcall
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil
:slot 3))) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil
:neg nil :id nil :slot 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref
funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id
nil :slot 3))) (call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset
nil :range ((1 . 1)) :neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4)
plist-get) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg
nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil
:neg nil :id nil :slot 0)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset
nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6) :transpose) (set #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) (callref
funcall #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id
nil :slot 4) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil
:id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg
nil :id nil :slot 6))) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil
:range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset
nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6)
#<hash-table eq 3/3 0x155ea01696a7>)) :closed nil :in-edges nil
:out-edges nil :idom nil :df #<hash-table eql 0/65 0x155ea02c4401>
:post-num nil :final-frame nil :sp 1 :addr 72 :non-ret-insn nil
:no-ret nil) org-plot/gnuplot))
  signal(native-ice ("org/org-plot.el" "block does not end with a
branch" #s(comp-block-lap :name bb_8 :insns ((comment "LAP TAG 83")
(call helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset nil :range ((1
. 1)) :neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t)
:valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) make-temp-file)
(setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id
nil :slot 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil
:range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 2)
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil
:slot 3))) (call record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3)
org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset
nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3)))
(setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id
nil :slot 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset
nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 3))) (call
helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar :typeset nil :valset nil :range ((1 . 1))
:neg nil :id nil :slot nil)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset
nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) plist-get) (set #s(comp-mvar
:typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5)
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil
:slot 0)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil
:neg nil :id nil :slot 6) :transpose) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t)
:valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4) (callref funcall
#s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil
:slot 4) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id
nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil
:id nil :slot 6))) (set #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil :range
nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 5) #s(comp-mvar :typeset (t) :valset nil
:range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 4)) (setimm #s(comp-mvar :typeset
(t) :valset nil :range nil :neg nil :id nil :slot 6) #<hash-table eq
3/3 0x155ea01696a7>)) :closed nil :in-edges nil :out-edges nil :idom
nil :df #<hash-table eql 0/65 0x155ea02c4401> :post-num nil
:final-frame nil :sp 1 :addr 72 :non-ret-insn nil :no-ret nil)
org-plot/gnuplot))
  comp--native-compile("org/org-plot.el")
  batch-native-compile()
  batch-byte+native-compile()
  command-line-1(("--eval" "(setq load-prefer-newer t
byte-compile-warnings 'all)" "-l" "comp" "-f"
"batch-byte+native-compile" "org/org-plot.el"))
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Internal native compiler error: "org/org-plot.el", "block does not end
with a branch", #s(comp-block-lap bb_8 ((comment "LAP TAG 83") (call
helper_unbind_n #s(comp-mvar nil nil ((1 . 1)) nil nil nil)) (setimm
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 2) make-temp-file) (setimm
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) "org-plot") (set #s(comp-mvar (t)
nil nil nil nil 2) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil
2) #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (call
record_unwind_protect_excursion) (setimm #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil
nil 3) org-plot/goto-nearest-table) (set #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil
nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3))) (setimm
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) org-table-to-lisp) (set
#s(comp-mvar (t) nil nil nil nil 3) (callref funcall #s(comp-mvar (t)
nil nil nil nil 3))) ...) nil nil nil nil #s(hash-table size 65 test
eql rehash-size 1.5 rehash-threshold 0.8125 data ()) nil nil ...),
#<symbol org-plot/gnuplot at 23521>
make[5]: *** [Makefile:327: org/org-plot.elc] Error 255
```

-- 
Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should
run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet