Subject: bug#62535: 29.0.60; Wrong left, top values stored in .emacs.desktop file

From: Claudio Grondi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 22:45:20 +0200

From: Claudio <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 29.0.60; Wrong left, top values stored in .emacs.desktop file

check out

https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/76547/bug-in-emacs-29-0-60-or-is-there-a-way-to-prevent-moving-the-emacs-position-on-r/

for details.

--text follows this line--

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-03-20 built on OoO
Repository revision: b7f03333551b2214f4d151d25d319e62402167c1
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Linux Mint 21

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER X11
XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: C.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: C.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: C.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   smooth-scrolling-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   save-place-mode: t
   desktop-save-mode: t
   cua-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   tab-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/neo/.emacs.d/elpa/svg-1.1/svg hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/svg
/home/neo/.emacs.d/elpa/cl-lib-0.7.1/cl-lib hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-lib

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tab-line view
enriched disp-table facemenu nlinum linum smooth-scrolling advice
finder-inf cl-extra help-mode icons moe-light-theme delsel saveplace
desktop frameset cua-base cus-load smooth-scrolling-autoloads
moe-theme-autoloads system-packages-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
paredit-autoloads info orderless-autoloads mines-autoloads
luwak-autoloads tiny-autoloads which-key-autoloads
edit-indirect-autoloads shell-command+-autoloads dired-du-autoloads
svg-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads smooth-scroll-autoloads
treeview-autoloads ascii-art-to-unicode-autoloads smartparens-autoloads
wgrep-autoloads good-scroll-autoloads sublimity-autoloads
nlinum-autoloads minimap-autoloads relint-autoloads xr-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 195593 11754)
  (symbols 48 13898 0)
  (strings 32 60902 2865)
  (string-bytes 1 1541936)
  (vectors 16 21123)
  (vector-slots 8 291624 13179)
  (floats 8 162 280)
  (intervals 56 728 0)
  (buffers 984 13))