Subject: Re: Emacs does not implement URL (aka "percent") decoding correctly.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:34:00 +0200

José A. Romero L. <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>     (url-unhex-string (url-hexify-string "ä"))
>>>     => "Ã¤"

[...]

> Well, if you write a script that transforms URLs to/from strings
> (especially round-trip) you will probably encouter problems
> retrieving stuff from the web if you're not aware of this issue.

So this bug report is purely about the return value of
`url-unhex-string'?  It sounded at the beginning that url.el had
problems fetching something.

If this is just about `url-unhex-string', the obvious solution would be
to add a CODING-SYSTEM parameter to that function.

And please don't keep removing the debbugs address from the Cc list.
Your messages aren't going to the bug tracker if you do that.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/