Subject: bug#62512: closed (Re: bug#62512: 29.0.60; Ruby method arguments are not being indented)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 12:07:02 +0000

Your bug report

#62512: 29.0.60; Ruby method arguments are not being indented

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62512: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62512
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#62512: 29.0.60; Ruby method arguments are not being indented
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 15:06:22 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 29/03/2023 05:58, Aaron Jensen wrote:
> I don't know what was going on, but I can no longer reproduce it. If you 
> can, please let me know, otherwise feel free to close this out. Sorry 
> for the noise.

Can't repro either, closing.

If this happened with ruby-ts-mode, it could have been a case of parse 
tree corruption, maybe.

If you ever see this again, and the effect is stable, you could confirm 
it using `M-x treesit-explore-mode`.

Subject: 29.0.60; Ruby method arguments are not being indented
From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 22:52:37 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

For some reason, after updating Emacs I'm seeing that the argument is no
longer indenting as it should be with my settings. Am I missing a new
setting or did something change?

(setq ruby-block-indent nil
      ruby-method-call-indent nil
      ruby-method-params-indent nil
      ruby-after-operator-indent nil)

Expected:
some_method(
  some_argument
)

Actual:
some_method(
some_argument
)

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin22.3.0, NS
 appkit-2299.40 Version 13.2.1 (Build 22D68)) of 2023-03-24 built on
 Aarons-Laptop.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.3

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.0.60/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.0.60 --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install
 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg
 --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-Os -w -pipe
 -mmacosx-version-min=13
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk
 -DFD_SETSIZE=10000 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/zlib/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/include -I/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/[email-masked]/include -isystem/opt/homebrew/include
 -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/zlib/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/lib
 -L/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/[email-masked]/lib
 -L/opt/homebrew/lib -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks
 -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk''