Subject: bug#62507: 28.2; Crash when editing TODO line with malformed tag

From: Patrick Brennan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 09:12:27 -0700

Well that's what I get for voice to text. Obviously, I meant to say Emacs.
😁

On Wed, Mar 29, 2023, 9:11 AM Patrick Brennan <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I can't reproduce the bug using that same recipe either. So now I think I
> may have made a mistake in exactly how the recipe is to be followed.
> However, I am fairly sure that there is some way to make emax crash using
> malformed tags using approximately the same procedure. As far as I know,
> emax at Google is stock.
>
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2023, 5:28 AM Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
>
>>
>> >
>> > I cannot reproduce the crash, neither in Emacs 28.2 nor in what will
>> > soon be Emacs 29.1.  Does this happen if you start with "emacs -Q" and
>> > then follow the recipe you posted?
>> >
>>
>> I cannot reproduce that crash either, I tried Debian's Emacs 28.2, and
>> Emacs 28 and 29.  By any chance, does Google Emacs include local patches?
>>
>>