Subject: bug#62502: 29.0.60; Docstring of `read-char-choice'

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 16:32:21 +0200

Hi all,

docstring of `read-char-choice' lacks any information about
INHIBIT-KEYBOARD-QUIT:

,----[ C-h f read-char-choice RET ]
| read-char-choice is a native-compiled Lisp function in ‘subr.el’.
| 
| (read-char-choice PROMPT CHARS &optional INHIBIT-KEYBOARD-QUIT)
| 
| Read and return one of CHARS, prompting for PROMPT.
| Any input that is not one of CHARS is ignored.
| 
| By default, the minibuffer is used to read the key
| non-modally (see ‘read-char-from-minibuffer’).  If
| ‘read-char-choice-use-read-key’ is non-nil, the modal ‘read-key’
| function is used instead (see ‘read-char-choice-with-read-key’).
| 
|   Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 24.1.
| 
`----

INHIBIT-KEYBOARD-QUIT is passed to `read-char-choice-with-read-key'; I'd
say it is sufficient to say something like:

  If ‘read-char-choice-use-read-key’ is non-nil, the modal ‘read-key’
  function is used instead (see ‘read-char-choice-with-read-key’) and
  the optional INHIBIT-KEYBOARD-QUIT is passed to it.

Best, Arash