Subject: bug#62498: closed (Re: bug#62498: 29.0.60; paredit and native-comp issues)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 08:58:02 +0000

Your bug report

#62498: 29.0.60; paredit and native-comp issues

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62498: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62498
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#62498: 29.0.60; paredit and native-comp issues
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Christos Vagias <[email-masked]>, Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 04:57:19 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> From: Christos Vagias <[email-masked]>
>>> Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 22:41:32 +0200
>>> 
>>> I'm experiencing issues in emacs 29 built from source (commit
>>> 08fbc133756) when using paredit.
>>> When native-compilation hasn't yet created the .eln file it's working
>>> fine. When it's natively compiled though I'm having issues such that
>>> (example is when M-x paredit-mode)
>>> 
>>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function toggle)
>>>   toggle(toggle #^[nil nil keymap ....
>>>   paredit-mode(toggle)
>>>   funcall-interactively(paredit-mode toggle)
>>>   command-execute(paredit-mode record)
>>> ...
>>
>> Could be bug#61917 again.
>
> Yep probably.  Latest paredit is native compiling fine for me ATM.
>
> Christos could you report if you still see the issue or it's fixed for
> you as well?

No feedback was given so I assume the issue is solved.  Happy to reopen
if is not the case.

Best Regards

  Andrea

Subject: 29.0.60; paredit and native-comp issues
From: Christos Vagias <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 22:41:32 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm experiencing issues in emacs 29 built from source (commit
08fbc133756) when using paredit.
When native-compilation hasn't yet created the .eln file it's working
fine. When it's natively compiled though I'm having issues such that
(example is when M-x paredit-mode)

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function toggle)
  toggle(toggle #^[nil nil keymap ....
  paredit-mode(toggle)
  funcall-interactively(paredit-mode toggle)
  command-execute(paredit-mode record)
...

Please let me know what other information would be helpful.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.37, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-03-25 built on actondev-eos-hp
Repository revision: 08fbc133756be38c02f04f64dbe0e2c9c1d0f228
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101007
System Description: EndeavourOS

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-json --with-tree-sitter
 --with-imagemagick --prefix=/opt/emacs-29'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  paredit-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug paredit edmacro kmacro paredit-autoloads
misearch multi-isearch mule-util cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load wid-edit
display-line-numbers mm-archive message sendmail yank-media dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils gnutls network-stream url-cache url-http
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr url-gw nsm puny epg rfc6068 epg-config finder-inf package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core password-cache json map url-vars
help-fns radix-tree cl-print byte-opt debug backtrace find-func
cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv
cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 303784 40253)
 (symbols 48 12138 4)
 (strings 32 61075 3622)
 (string-bytes 1 1586242)
 (vectors 16 30129)
 (vector-slots 8 700147 59805)
 (floats 8 50 284)
 (intervals 56 20955 285)
 (buffers 984 17))