Subject: bug#62496: closed (Re: bug#62496: For network-manager-applet's nm-connection-editor, libnma needs to be installed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 13:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#62496: For network-manager-applet's nm-connection-editor, libnma needs to be installed

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62496: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62496
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#62496: For network-manager-applet's nm-connection-editor, libnma needs to be installed
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, "P. p. phalantha" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 09:09:53 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I've reverted to the previously working version on master, but we should
>> figure out what's up with this change in recent releases.  It may affect
>> 1.42 as well (which is supposedly the current stable release).
>>
>> Leaving this open.  Thanks for investigating.
>
> The patchset I sent in [1] should resolve this, I've been happily
> running with it.

Installed, thank you!

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim

Subject: For network-manager-applet's nm-connection-editor, libnma needs to be installed
From: "P. p. phalantha" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 18:19:12 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,

I was trying to add a WPA/WPA2 Enterprise (PEAP w/ CA cert) network via
nm-connection-editor. However, each time I finished the form and clicked
"Save," nm-connection-editor would crash and the network would consequently
not be saved.

Invoking nm-connection-editor from the command line and repeating these
steps gave the informative error message:

```
(nm-connection-editor:1751): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 02:02:58.502: Settings
schema 'org.gnome.nm-applet.eap' is not installed
Trace/breakpoint trap
```

I found a fix via the installation of libnma, thanks to a 2012 thread on
LinuxQuestions.org:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/network-manager-applet-1-16-0-i586-1-package-is-missing-%27org-gnome-nm-applet%27-schema-4175670946/.
After the installation of libnma I was able to successfully add the network.

I understand libnma is already a dependency of nm-connection-editor. I do
not know enough to say why it has to be additionally installed separately,
but I hope someone else does. The steps to reproduce is in the first
paragraph above.

Best regards,
Ning