Subject: bug#6248: 23.1; justify (esc q) broken in Latex mode

From: Mark Lillibridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 10:51:42 -0700

To reproduce the bug, paste the following text into a new .txt file:

====================  cut here  ====================
    This is a sample paragraph of text that is long enough that it may
need to be filled.  Here's a second sentence to continue the paragraph.  And one more
sentence for good measure.
====================  cut here  ====================

If you request justification via esc Q, the paragraph is reformatted to:

    This is a sample paragraph of text that is long enough that it may
need to be filled.  Here's a second sentence to continue the
paragraph.  And one more sentence for good measure.

Repeat the steps using instead a suffix of .tex (latex mode); this time
you instead obtain the following incorrect result:

    This is a sample paragraph of text that is long enough that it may
    need to be filled.  Here's a second sentence to continue the
    paragraph.  And one more sentence for good measure.

Justify in latex mode worked correctly in Emacs 21, but does not work
correctly in 22 or 23.  Please fix.

- Mark