Subject: bug#62467: closed (Re: [PATCH gnome-team v3 15/15] gnu: Remove lib2geom 1.1.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 05:14:02 +0000

Your bug report

#62467: [PATCH gnome-team 0/5] Update fundamental packages

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
62467: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62467
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [PATCH gnome-team v3 15/15] gnu: Remove lib2geom 1.1.
From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 07:12:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Am Mittwoch, dem 12.04.2023 um 22:33 -0400 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> Ah, right, it needed at least the change to the meson-build-system in
> 9bf0a6e4a87c76852c3115476f76056434886181; while you're at it you can
> pick 22491ed9c5cc5135db819b80a7ec2ba7dceaa1ee and the meson update to
> 1.0.1 in 46873adc04ccf2c753362ee14c7faa81fed602c4,
> 311255adc0d1c3b3aa0f6bed5af58e718f0607b2,
> c808cd1bf9c541c1af243bb6bc468ece40b5b05a, and the fixup commit
> 1887100a2f0bfa99a4670d83587bdc1af5ee1c1c.
> 
> Meson 1.1.0 has just been released... it'd be tempting to update it
> at the same time since touching meson-build-system entails a full
> rebuild of the meson world anyway.
> 
> I realize this may be a bit more involved than what you may had been
> ready for, and I won't object if you prefer to keep your version,
> knowing we'll have to fix some conflicting commit a bit later after
> core-updates is merged into master.
My personal plan was to bump Meson just before GStreamer, which is the
next big block – thus I'll commit this series as-is and follow up with
the Meson changes afterwards.

I'll first look into bumping Meson to 1.1.0, and if that doesn't work
out apply the commits you mentioned as necessary.

Cheers

Subject: [PATCH gnome-team 0/5] Update fundamental packages
From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 21:20:14 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

to start off work in gnome-team, let's tackle the biggies.
Originally, I had planned to also do gtk 4.10, but that package requires
too much of our rebuilt world and I'd rather have a solid foundation
first.

Cheers

Liliana Marie Prikler (5):
  gnu: glib: Update to 2.76.1.
  gnu: Make pango-next the new pango.
  gnu: pango: Update to 1.50.14.
  gnu: Make gobject-introspection-next the new gobject-introspection.
  gnu: gobject-introspection: Update to 1.76.1.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   2 -
 gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm                  |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/geo.scm                          |   1 -
 gnu/packages/glib.scm                         | 111 +++--------
 gnu/packages/gnome.scm                        |  33 +---
 gnu/packages/gtk.scm                          |  32 +---
 gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm                    |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/ibus.scm                         |   2 +-
 gnu/packages/messaging.scm                    |   1 -
 .../patches/glib-skip-failing-test.patch      |   3 +-
 ...trospection-absolute-shlib-path-1.72.patch | 173 ------------------
 ...ct-introspection-absolute-shlib-path.patch |  51 +++---
 .../gobject-introspection-cc-1.72.patch       |  15 --
 .../patches/gobject-introspection-cc.patch    |  11 +-
 gnu/packages/webkit.scm                       |   3 +-
 15 files changed, 82 insertions(+), 364 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/gobject-introspection-absolute-shlib-path-1.72.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/gobject-introspection-cc-1.72.patch

base-commit: 42fbe62d52a82d1003c3d7039d3c4a46806c5cee
-- 
2.39.2