Subject: bug#62459: [PATCH] Have Xref inherit input method when reading identifiers

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 11:57:25 +0000

Certain languages rely heavily on input methods (two examples I have
encountered are APL and Agda), and the default behaviour of Xref when
prompting an identifier can be annoying since the user is required to
manually enable the input method, if they want to look up an identifier
that contains "non-ASCII" characters.  For that reason I think it should
be OK to set the INHERIT-INPUT-METHOD argument when calling
`completing-read'.

>From f640cdc2e4762d8830e860455917e6c2e21e2b4d Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 13:50:27 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Have Xref inherit input method when reading identifiers

* lisp/progmodes/xref.el (xref--read-identifier): Set
INHERIT-INPUT-METHOD flag to non-nil.
---
 lisp/progmodes/xref.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/xref.el b/lisp/progmodes/xref.el
index 1ae60796601..d77024136d0 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/xref.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/xref.el
@@ -1525,7 +1525,7 @@ xref--read-identifier
                        prompt))
                    (xref-backend-identifier-completion-table backend)
                    nil nil nil
-                   'xref--read-identifier-history def)))
+                   'xref--read-identifier-history def t)))
              (if (equal id "")
                  (or def (user-error "There is no default identifier"))
                id)))
-- 
2.30.2

-- 
Philip Kaludercic