Subject: Re: bug#62458: [PATCH] gnu: Add avfs.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2023 16:43:04 +0200

Hi,

Sergey Trofimov <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/file-systems.scm (avfs): New variable.

Applied with the cosmetic changes below, thanks!

Ludo’.

diff --git a/gnu/packages/file-systems.scm b/gnu/packages/file-systems.scm
index 5ae84ba1d1..d57d407d9c 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/file-systems.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/file-systems.scm
@@ -276,17 +276,24 @@ (define-public avfs
      '(#:configure-flags '("--enable-library" "--enable-fuse")))
     (native-inputs (list pkg-config))
     (inputs (list xz fuse))
-    (synopsis "Virtual filesystem that allows browsing of compressed files")
+    (synopsis "Virtual file system that allows browsing of compressed files")
     (description
-     "FUSE-based filesystem that allows browsing of compressed files.  It provides
-@command{mountavfs} command that starts a small @command{avfsd} daemon.  When a
-specially formatted path under @file{~/.avfs} is accessed, the daemon will provide
-listings and content access on the fly.  The canonical form of virtual path is:
-[basepath]#handler[options][:parameters][/internalpath].  Example paths:
+     "AVFS is a FUSE-based filesystem that allows browsing of compressed
+files.  It provides the @command{mountavfs} command that starts a small
+@command{avfsd} daemon.  When a specially formatted path under @file{~/.avfs}
+is accessed, the daemon provides listings and content access on the fly.  The
+canonical form of virtual file name is:
+
+@example
+[basepath]#handler[options][:parameters][/internalpath]
+@end example
+
+Example file names:
 @itemize
-@item ~/.avfs/home/user/archive.tar.gz#ugz#utar/path/file
-@item ~/.avfs/#http:localhost|some|path
+@item @file{~/.avfs/home/user/archive.tar.gz#ugz#utar/path/file}
+@item @file{~/.avfs/#http:localhost|some|path}
 @end itemize
+
 @code{emacs-dired-hacks} has @code{dired-avfs} module which enables seamless
 integration with @code{avfs}.")
     (home-page "http://avf.sourceforge.net/")