Subject: bug#62453: 30.0.50; Semicolon in view-lossage yields wrong alignment

From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 08:33:18 +0300

It seems like key sequences that end with a semicolon hinder the
alignment in the `view-lossage` output buffer.  This is a regression
with respect to the (IMO correct) behavior in Emacs 27.

With Emacs from master:
1. emacs -Q
2. type C-;
3. type ;
4. type C-h l
5. The *Help* buffer now shows:

 C-			; ;; nil
 ; ;; self-insert-command
 C-h l ;; view-lossage

Note that all three lines are formatted incorrectly compared to what we
get with Emacs 27:

 C-;			;; nil
 ;			;; self-insert-command
 C-h l			;; view-lossage

Thanks,
Eshel

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 29, x86_64-apple-darwin22.3.0, NS
 appkit-2299.40 Version 13.2.1 (Build 22D68)) of 2023-03-25 built on
 esmac
Repository revision: db7e95531ac36ae842787b6c5f2859d0642c78cc
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.2.1

Configured using:
 'configure CFLAGS=-O3 --with-native-compilation --with-json
 --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date cl-loaddefs
comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra
help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 78358 8406)
 (symbols 48 7093 0)
 (strings 32 19420 1908)
 (string-bytes 1 594120)
 (vectors 16 15982)
 (vector-slots 8 279688 11110)
 (floats 8 30 46)
 (intervals 56 223 0)
 (buffers 984 12))