Subject: Re: bug#62451: 29.0.60; nnselect-request-threads assumes gnus-search-use-parsed-queries

From: Andrew Cohen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 08:17:03 +0800

>>>>> "SW" == Sean Whitton <[email-masked]> writes:

    SW> X-debbugs-cc: [email-masked] nnselect-request-threads generates a
    SW> query in Gnus's generic search language and expects
    SW> gnus-search-prepare-query to convert it to a raw query.  But if
    SW> gnus-search-use-parsed-queries is nil, as it is by default, then
    SW> this doesn't happen, and the search engine receives a query it
    SW> can't understand.  For example, notmuch receives a query like
    SW> "id:<foo> or id:<bar>" when it should receive "id:foo or
    SW> id:bar".

    SW> This breaks the gnus-summary-refer-thread command.

    SW> One way to fix it is to add a binding
    SW> (gnus-search-use-parsed-queries t) to the let* form in which the
    SW> call to gnus-search-run-query is made.

This has been in my tree for ages but I never pushed it (it is part of
larger changes to thread referral/retrieval). Its worth pushing by
itself and I'll try to do that.

Sorry for the delay.

-- 
Andrew Cohen