Subject: Re: bug#6243: bug with serial-term

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 16:47:57 -0700

Oz DiGennaro <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am overjoyed to have serial-term - wonderful.
> It shows some signs of youth using:
>     Emacs 23
>     Ubuntu 8.10
>
> When in a serial-term buffer, I cannot use the normal commands
> "write-file", nor navigate the buffer as usual.
> If I use edit/select all and then edit/cut.  The scrolling mechanism is
> broken.  The cursor remains at the top line and all older lines scroll
> out of view.

(I'm going through old bug reports that have unfortunately gotten no
attention yet.)

I'm not quite sure what bug you're seeing here.  If you `M-x
serial-term', you end up with a buffer in `term-mode', which is a
mode where mane normal Emacs editing commands are disabled.  For
instance, `C-x C-w' doesn't work.

So unless I'm misreading you, there's no bug here, and I'm closing this
bug report.  If there's a bug here that I'm not seeing, please reopen
this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no