Subject: Re: bug#62415: Bump %webkit-version

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 20:27:34 -0400

Hello,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 10:14:26AM -0400, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>> I'm testing a branch where I've grouped a couple changes (ffmpeg 6,
>> webkitgtk 2.40, gstreamer 2.22, etc.) that are about < 2000 rebuilds.
>> 
>> If it seems good, I plan to merge it to staging first, and after it's
>> built, if there are no blockers, I'd like to merge staging to master.
>> 
>> Does that sound reasonable?
>
> Yes, it sounds good.

Great.  It's now in staging.  It should be mostly built in a day or two.

> I just merged the wip-go-updates branch. I found the Cuirass web
> interface lacking when trying to decide if the branch was ready or not.

I'm more used to Cuirass, so it works for me!  I just look at the
overall percentage status of the branches e.g. staging vs master,
I'll have a cursory look at the 'dots' view, and if nothing catches my
eye, I'll consider it good after running the tests locally and
reconfiguring my machine/updating my profile.

> If you feel the same way, we should identify missing features, or
> consider scaling up qa.guix.gnu.org the Guix Data Service, or even
> consider replacing Cuirass with the QA and GDS.

We can definitively make some wish list of things that would help us.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim