Subject: Re: [bug#62411] [PATCH] environment: Add '--nesting'.

From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 08:32:40 +0100

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Notice that the current Guix is automatically added to the container:

"Current Guix" is good news!

> Furthermore, ~/.cache/guix is shared with the host as noted in
> the manual.

That is very nice as well, for efficient time-machine.

> Thoughts?

The two points above, plus the automatic sharing of the daemon socket,
cover the main drawbacks of the workaround I have been using so far.
So... this looks good to me. I'd be happy to test-drive the patch on my
examples, but that will have to wait for next week.

Cheers,
  Konrad.
-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Konrad Hinsen
Centre de Biophysique Moléculaire, CNRS Orléans
Synchrotron Soleil - Division Expériences
Saint Aubin - BP 48
91192 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Tel. +33-1 69 35 97 15
E-Mail: konrad DOT hinsen AT cnrs DOT fr
http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/~hinsen/
ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0330-9428
Mastodon: @[email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------