Subject: bug#6241: Please make buffer-offer-save permanent local

From: MON KEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 00:38:03 -0400

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Stefan Monnier
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Not sure what you mean by "tramp'd buffers", but AFAICT such buffers
> would most likely be file-buffers and are hence unaffected.

howsabout for example comint when tramp'd?

>
> So, now that the question of "should it ideally be permanent-local?" is
> resolved, the remaining question is: "what would be the impact of such

Resolved... WTF?

> a change", which requires examining all uses of the variable and
> assessing the effect of the change for each case.

This is ridiculous, please poll whatever this proposed change is
becoming on emacs-devel before proceeding w/ this line of reasoning.
This is the wrong way to draw a conclusion esp. in lieu of a bug
report that was initially one sentence in length.

Its not even a bug!!!

>        Stefan

--
/s_P\