Subject: Re: bug#6241: Please make buffer-offer-save permanent local

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 02:39:51 +0200

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 2:27 AM, Stefan Monnier
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> So, now that the question of "should it ideally be permanent-local?" is
> resolved, the remaining question is: "what would be the impact of such
> a change", which requires examining all uses of the variable and
> assessing the effect of the change for each case.

I think the only really important cases is when buffer-offer-save is
set to t somewhere which is in

  ./ediff-util.el:589:      (setq buffer-offer-save t) ; ask before
killing buffer
  Seems OK.

  ./gnus/message.el:2900:  (setq buffer-offer-save t)
  ./mail/sendmail.el:654:  (setq buffer-offer-save t)
  ./mh-e/mh-folder.el:647:  (setq buffer-offer-save t)
  All those seems OK to me, but I am not sure. I am not using them.

  ./org/org-src.el:629:    (setq buffer-offer-save t)
  Seems OK.