Subject: bug#62409: NetworkManager errors in system log when using shared connection

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 16:36:13 -0400

Hi,

[...]

> This gets repeated spuriously in /var/log/messages.  There's at least a
> problem with /sbin/modprobe not being looked at the right place.
> Interestingly, it also seems to trigger a crash in Jami, which does some
> connection refreshing work on events from NetworkManager [0].

I tried patching the /sbin/modprobe reference to kmod's bin/modprobe,
but I now get:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8--- Mar 23
16:34:02 localhost NetworkManager[404]: <error> [1679603642.2656]
modprobe:
'/gnu/store/liq8rjgfwaa80mrmm0lq1kq7wbh7xb6l-kmod-29/bin/modprobe
--use-blacklist ip_tables' exited with error 256 (modprobe: FATAL:
Module ip_tables not found in directory /lib/modules/5.15.103-gnu)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim