Subject: bug#6240: closed (Re: bug#6240: Anchors not working in emacs23)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 17:38:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6240: Anchors not working in emacs23

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6240: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6240
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6240: Anchors not working in emacs23
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 13:37:34 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closed.

See explanation in:

http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.help/browse_thread/thread/76f91808ea88a2f3

Subject: Anchors not working in emacs23
From: aksa <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 12:01:00 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS apple-appkit-949.54) of
2010-05-09 on braeburn.aquamacs.org - Aquamacs Distribution 2.0
GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0) of 2010-03-29 on
rothera, modified by Debian

Problem: Anchors not working

I have documentation written as a .texi file as follows

\input texinfo
@setfilename anchorBug.info
@settitle Anchor Bug

@ifinfo
@node Top
@top Rottingham
@end ifinfo

@menu
* Scr01::
@end menu

@node Scr01
@chapter Scr01

@menu
* consectetur::
@end menu

@node consectetur
@section consectetur

@appendixsubsec consectetur adipiscing
Duis gravida ligula vel augue porta ac mollis augue consequat. Integer
iaculis nisi non leo pharetra tristique. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et
magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus.
@xref{fshiv,condimentum vehicula}.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur
ultrices sollicitudin erat vel cursus. Mauris ultrices turpis nec sapien
condimentum vehicula. Duis gravida ligula vel augue porta ac mollis
augue consequat. Integer iaculis nisi non leo pharetra tristique. Cum
sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur
ridiculus mus.

@appendixsubsec pharetra tristique
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur
ultrices sollicitudin erat vel cursus. Mauris ultrices turpis nec sapien
condimentum vehicula. Duis gravida ligula vel augue porta ac mollis
augue consequat. Integer iaculis nisi non leo pharetra tristique. Cum
sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur
ridiculus mus.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur
ultrices sollicitudin erat vel cursus. Mauris ultrices turpis nec sapien
condimentum vehicula. Duis gravida ligula vel augue porta ac mollis
augue consequat. Integer iaculis nisi non leo pharetra tristique. Cum
sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur
ridiculus mus.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur
ultrices sollicitudin erat vel cursus. Mauris ultrices turpis nec sapien
@anchor{fshiv} condimentum vehicula. Duis gravida ligula vel augue
augue consequat. Integer iaculis nisi non leo pharetra tristique. Cum
sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur
ridiculus mus.

@bye

The anchorBug.info file resulting from makeinfo works fine on the Terminal.
In emacs versions as shown above, the cross reference
@xref{fshiv,condimentum vehicula}.
gives an error "No such node or anchor"